Setting up a Team
- Login to Agility Health
- Select Add A Team
When prompted to select what type of team you would like to create? Select Team, unless you’re doing a program team Retospective then select Multi-Team (Guide for multi-team below).
- Add a Team Wizard
Create Team Page
- Enter a team name (required).
- Work Type – most teams doing scrum or scrumban would fall under the category of ‘Software Delivery’. If you have a team that is doing Kanban – select ‘Service and Delivery’.
- Complete the remaining questions.
If you’re not familiar with the team, we recommend that you have your business line admin or company admin add the scrum-master of the team so they’re able to complete the questions and add team members.
- Team Tags
If available tag your team with the appropriate product line and program.
Add Team Members Page
- Enter the first name, last name and e-mail address of a team member.
- Assign a role, participant group and allocation of the individuals you want to take the survey. The survey should be taken by all core members of the cross-functional team. (Think those who come to stand-up everyday)
- You also have the option to bulk upload team members! Download our team template using the icon to add in the participant’s name and email address. You will be able to upload the document and add in their roles and participant groups.
Add Stakeholders Page
- Stakeholders are managers, sponsors and anyone you’d like to give a vote of confidence for the team.
- The only question this group receives is: ‘How confident are you as a stakeholder that the team can meet the current goals?”
- The process of adding or uploading stakeholders is the same as adding team members!
Review & Finish Page
Optional: If you’re a scrum team and would like to generate metrics for your team.
- Go to Team Dashboard – Click the Blue Edit Pencil on top of your team name.
- Select Metrics Tab -> Add New
- Enter: Iteration #, Target Points, Actual Points, Total Points, and Escaped Defects
Below is a sample of the Metrics Summary the tool will generate for you:
If you enter the release data then the tool will generate release health metrics – see sample below:
Managing Growth Items
The Growth Plan
Once your team’s retrospective is completed, you will be tasked to manage and update your teams growth plan. Your team’s growth plan is the real output of this Team Health retrospective. Think of it as your team’s growth backlog. Proper management and engagement with the growth plan will help the team grow and an improve in-between retrospectives.
Growth Plan – Grid View
Your first view of the Growth Plan will be the Grid View. In this format, your team’s Growth Items will be listed out in a table and sorted by rank and/or priority. You can filter out the grid by a number of different options by selecting the drop down arrow to the right of each column’s title. See below for a list of functions that the grid view provides below.
1. Grid View vs. Kanban View – This toggle switch gives you the option to stay on the Grid View or switch to the Kanban View (Details Below)
2. This button allows you to add a new Growth Item
3. This option allows you to export the Grid View into an excel file
4. This button will show you all notifications that a team would receive from Organizational Growth Items updated from a MultiTeam level
5. This icon will show you the history of status changes that a Growth Item went through as well as who changed the status
6. Use this button to edit the already created Growth Item
7. You can remove a Growth Item by selecting the delete button
Growth Plan – Kanban View
1. Grid View to Kanban View
2. This banner displays the Growth Item count of each Type (Organizational, Team & Individual)
3. The icon on the left will open up the current Growth Item and allow you to make changes. The icon on the right will allow you to delete this Growth Item.
4. This section displays icons that will show you what Type, Rank, Priority, etc. are set on the Growth Item.
5. You can use this option to filter the Growth Items by Rank
6. You can use this option to filter the Growth Items by Priority
7. To view all a list of options for the Kanban View, click on the gear icon to pull up the Customize panel. You can choose to hide certain status bars, change their colors, view a list of icons and chose to hide ones that are not utilized by your team.
Growth Plan Items
The Growth Plan Item panel is were you will be making the majority of your updates!
Team Admins will mainly add information to the description of the Growth Item, add or change the acceptance criteria and update the status.
If the Growth Item is moved into a Done status you would want to update the solution tab and chose to share it with your organization or let it remain a team solution at this time:
Or, if the Growth Item is put on hold or canceled, you can provide a note as to why the Growth Item is in this status: